Websites and Tools I Recommend

I just wanted to list a few of the websites and tools that I use on a regular basis. Mostly this is for myself so I can have quick access when I want to, but also so my friends can see the tools that I've been using and get them for themselves.

First off is Internet Download Manager. I LOVE this program! Best download manager by far, and I've found a few around. It very quickly downloads even the largest files quickly by splitting them up into manageable bite sized chunks. It also lets me download any video online. You can download and use it free for the first 30 days but then it costs $30. This is by far one of the best investments I've made. Check IDM Here

Second is DropBox. DropBox is a sweet little program that starts you off with 2Gigabytes of usable space and actually increases as you invite others to join (as I'm doing now). In fact, if you join with my link, you will probably see an increase in your available space immediately. Always a good thing. The cool thing with DropBox is that you can download the app for your phone and always have instant access to anything you want to share between your computer and phone. There are a bunch of options but the individual option is free. It's also great for businesses that need a simple to use Sharepoint style system in place that allows people to share files back and forth.

Third is Hamstersoft programs like the Video Converter that allows you to change any file type to any other file type. There's also an audio version, an ebook converter, burning studio software and Women's Monthly Cycle Calender... (I know that last one is a bit weird...) You cah find them all at HamsterSoft.

Fourth is a little program called DVD Flick. It's a simple and free DVD authoring program. I mostly use a simple netbook that doesn't even have a built in optical drive, so when I picked up an external one, the authoring program that came with it was unusable due to the small size of my monitor. Unfortunately there was no way to shrink it so that I could access all the buttons. I found DVD Flick and it's been perfect. It is very simple with only a few basic menu options available, but if you need a free authoring program, this one has done right by me! Get DVD Flick Here!

Fifth is Filezilla. Filezilla is a great and relatively easy to use ftp transfer program. What that means in simple terms is that you open the program and can transfer programs to and from your website with speed and ease. I've tested it and it's a whole lot faster than trying to transfer files through the regular ftp process in the backend of my website. It's a great program that gets the job done. Plus it's free! Get it Filezilla Here!

Up next is Kompozer, which is a WYSISYG website editor. It is very easy to use if you are just starting out but isn't as powerful as a program like Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student and Teacher Edition and of course nowhere near as expensive... because Kompozer is free! Whoo Hooo! (Are you sensing a pattern here?)

Who could forget the best free Adobe Photoshop CS5 Alternative, GIMP! Available for both PC and Mac computers, GIMP stands for "GNU Image Manipulation Program". It's essentially Adobe Photoshop CS5
's little brother who just happens to be free. There are also tutorials that go from basic to advanced in nature.

And of course, who could forget the best Microsoft Office replacement, OpenOffice.Org? This suite of office tools comes with all the major programs that anyone could need, and again, all for free! If you are established and need Microsoft Office, then make sure to get what you really need, but for those of us who need an inexpensive alternative, OpenOffice.Org it is.

Now I wanted to recommend some optional websites and add-on programs that I use and really like.

First off is this sweet little add-on program for Firefox called CoolPreview. It essentially allows a picture-in-picture experience right in your Firefox web browser. I especially like it because I just have to hover over a link and a little magnifying glass pops up. I hover over the icon and it opens up an iFrame-ish window that shows you what the webpage looks like that the link leads to. There is one little drawback however... sometimes I accidentally hover on it by mistake and inadvertently open up pages I didn't intend to.

A website I've found really useful is Bitly. It's a website that shortens and tracks any website you want. It's especially helpful for anyone using Twitter. There is also an option for customization so the link would look like http://bit.ly/DKYSocial which would lead to my website and allow me to see where my traffic is coming from as well as see how many clicks it gets.
There are many websites that do the same, I just happen to like bitly.
One other that I use sometimes is ViralUrl which has an affiliate option. You can check it out for yourself at ViralUrl.
It may be a way to make some extra money!

One other addon that I like (but may not be for everyone) is MyBrowserCash. The idea is that for most advertising, we the people being advertised to don't get anything for our time. So MyBrowserCash takes that idea and flips it. Now we can view advertisements from our computer as we browse the net and earn money while doing so. It's not going to make you rich by any means but a little extra is always cool. I say it may not be for everyone because sometimes a full screen ad will pop up while you're surfing and you have to wait 5 seconds before you can close it. It drives me crazy sometimes, so I can only imagine how other people will react. Just remember that each ad is worth up to a penny or so each. There are all sorts of other ways to make money on the website so make sure to check it out when you have time.

Now beyond all of that, there is one more website I want to recommend. It's a social media website similar to Facebook only with the idea of making some extra money on the side and having fun while doing so. It's called PeopleString. PeopleString is actually a lot of fun. It has a social nature but nowhere near as "drama oriented" as Facebook or MySpace. They have a few games that you can play including a few newer ones that are on Facebook.

Now that being said, there are other websites that are socially oriented that also offer options for income. A couple that are just start pages that earn money based on referrals are Viradyne/Link180 and Wazzub. The idea is very simply, you create an account and set their page as your "Home" page and then let others know about the service and once others join, you make commissions based on the activity of your downline. I highly recommend checking both of the sites out and deciding which one you like best.

There are also other social media websites that are geared toward extra income, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who do indeed make money from them. Here are a few that are pretty similar: ISMMagic, SWOM, MLMSocial and BizOppers.
While all four are actually very similar, there are a few differences. Their similarities are pretty obvious as you look at the way each is designed and how they work, and for the most part, they all pay a commission based on how much you use the website and how much you promote the paid membership aspects. If you are interested in networking with people all over the world who you could form business relationships with, they are definitely worth a shot.

So there you go, I could really go on and on, but I'll stop now and say

"Have A Nice Day!"
Paul Spring
http://dkysocial.com
http://dkyphotography.net

Comments

Popular Posts